Words and People
- WordsAndPeople is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- WordsAndPeople may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 9th May 2018.
What data we process and why
- We may process data about your use of our website and services. This data may include, but is not limited to: your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. The source of the usage data is our website analytics system. This usage data may be processed in order to analyse the use of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
- If you send us an enquiry by email, phone call, a form on our website or other method, we may process your enquiry data, which may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and any other information necessary to process your enquiry. The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant products and services to you. Where you have provided us with this information, the legal basis for us processing it, is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. This data may be processed for the purposes of providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups and communicating with you.
- If you subscribe we may process information that you provide, such as your name and email address, for the purpose of delivering our email notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is your consent. You may request removal from our mailing list at any time. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
Providing your personal data to others
- We do not sell, share or give our customers' personal information to marketing companies.
- Data may be processed and viewed, to the extent necessary, by our staff, suppliers and subcontractors, for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers to the extent necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage and obtaining professional advice.
Retaining and deleting personal data
- Personal data that we process for any purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for those purposes. On request, we will provide a copy of your personal data. If you believe any information we hold on you is incorrect please let us know and we will promptly correct it.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we process.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. See Google's overview of privacy and safeguarding data https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- This website is owned and managed by WordsAndPeople.co.uk.
To contact us please use the contact details on our website.
Project: Design? Management? eCommerce?
Next Step: Send us your Project requirements
Crafting quality websites since 1999, we're quite a Team: Our Designers love to create, our Programmers avidly follow the latest innovations, our Project Managers keep things running smoothly...